Friday, August 26, 2011

Alone

It's becoming harder to breathe with each passing day,
My world is closing in and yet I stay,
Where can I run to, where can I hide,
When this agony attacks from inside?

I am alone.

I live my life hiding beneath a mask,
What is it I'm hiding you might ask,
The scars that life has left on me,
The scars I'm too ashamed to let you see.

I am alone.

Further and further into this black abyss I fall,
No one listens to me when I call,
What's the point of even trying,
If I know I'm slowly dying?

I am alone.

The flame I once possesed in my heart,
No longer burns for I've come apart,
With no love to call my own,
I feel the coldness to the bone.

I am alone.

Consumed by indifference and by fear,
I'll finally cry my final tear,
And as this pointless life draws to an end,
I'll share this with you, my only friend;

We are alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment