Friday, August 26, 2011

Rain. What is it about rain that feels so liberating?

There´s something about running in it that makes it feel as if your troubles have been washed clean right off of you. Perhaps, for me, it´s a reminder of burden free days when I was a mere child. That is when I developed a love for the rain afterall. The sound of thunder and the sight of lightning tearing the skies apart was always so appealing.

Many times, I found myself walking alone, soaked to the bone. Thoughts running rampant in my mind. But always the constant beat of the rain showers calmed me. Even now, as I sit here smoking yet another cigerette, watching the waves of rain. An inner calmness has found it´s way into me. For this brief moment, I am sane. For this brief moment I am me. Suddenly, my thoughts make more sense. I realize that as bad as things are right now, it doesn´t help to sulk. Sure, it can be depressing, infuriating even. BUT SHIT HAPPENS. Then life goes on. It always does, with you or without you. Might aswell enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment