Friday, August 26, 2011

Sleepless Night

It's well past twelve as I lay awake
Laying motionless, staring at the cieling
How many more troubled nights can I take
My heartache has left me numb beyond feeling

Happiness is nothing but a lie
Only tempting you with what will never be
I havn't the strength left to cry
How can you act so ruthless with me

Why did I think I could trust you with my heart
When all you did was break it, like many before
How did I not see the signs from the start
What a fool I was, to think that you could give me more

I contiplate what it was I must have done wrong
As I sulk in sadness, and drown in regret
I'll be tormented with these thoughts all night long
let me ease the nerves with another ciggerette

But alas, the smell of the smoke reminds me of you
And the monster that devours hope awakes
Pain is all I have left now, it's true
As more is cultivated the more my heart breaks

With no choice other then to watch as you walk away
To watch you leave with the best of me
Walking out on all our dreams, hatched that distant day
Broken dreams now, scattered like debris

Tick, tick, tick, the clock disapproves as the hours pass
Hours I spend wandering, lost in the memory of you
For thoughts of you linger, jagged broken glass
My blood is my price, and I will pay my due

Let this end, god please let this end! I have had enough
The sun's first auburn rays, burning bright, spill in from outside
Sleepless night, followed by a restless day, life can be rough
And so starts another agonizing day, I must endure without you by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment